There are some educational events coming up in Toronto in the near future which may be of interest. The first set is focussed on singers, the second on the general public.
The International Resource Centre for Performing Arts has a series of workshops scheduled October 28th to November 5th as follows:
- Newcomers to Canada/Arts Labour Unions: Oct. 28th
- Composers & Performers/Meet the Funders: Oct. 30th
- Who’s Who in the Industry: Nov. 1st
- Encounter for Singers with Measha Brueggergosman: Nov. 3rd-4th
- Encounter with Marco Guidarini: Nov. 5th
Full details here…IRCPA – Fall 2015
For the general audience, the Canadian Opera Company has launched Opera Insights, a new free series featuring interactive events and conversations that provide insight into the company’s 2015/2016 productions. Highlights include:
- Sing Along with La Traviata (October 26): Sing popular choruses from Verdi’s beloved La Traviata under the baton of COC Chorus Master Sandra Horst
- La Traviata and the History of the Ball Gown (November 2): A multi-media exploration of the evolution of the ball gown, featuring period costumes from Ryerson University’s Fashion Research Centre and the COC’s new production of La Traviata
- In Conversation: Christine Goerke (February 3): An intimate conversation with superstar soprano Christine Goerke, who returns to the COC as Brünnhilde in Siegfried this winter
- Carmen Danza! (April 19): A beginner-friendly dance class led by Ritmo Flamenco’s Anjelica and Roger Scannura, inspired by the Spanish rhythms of Bizet’s Carmen
For a full calendar of event descriptions, as well as times, locations and how to reserve tickets go to coc.ca/OperaInsights.